Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Growing up in months...


Life isn’t all that it’s made out to be, well at lease for me. As you all may know I have been on my own since February 19, 2008. Ever since than I was left with the responsibilities to take care of myself. Although many teens may think that it’s the best thing over. I must really tell you that its not, having to grow up so quick sucks. You’re left with so many responsibilities & no one to help you. But it also has its plus I have learned and went threw many things over the past year that many teens my age will never experience. That’s kind of a good thing on my part I feel that yes, I did have to grow up pretty quick but I don’t feel that I have missed out on much. Because on the other hand I got a jump start on how REAL life is out side on the “family” life.

One of the main things that teens today need to understand is that it is only going to get harder. Like once we reach college having to manage our money. You’re going to have to choose between getting groceries or that real hot GUESS bag you really wanted. But in reality you’re going to choose grocery shopping over shopping for your self or having to supplies your self with your apartment necessities. A lot of people today depend on other people and that’s not so good. Because have you ever thought about…”what am I going to do when there not there…?” or “who’s going to pay this bill when I can’t….?”

Well this was just a little food for thought take it how you want this is my understanding of things and the way I feel about things and the challenges of growing up that I have faced in so little time :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite TOUGH, but i doubt that the fact of it being hard on your own comes to a big surprise to most people.

It's true that you've got a "head- start" on life, so I say keep livin' life young but don't stray too far from being a responsible independent person (sorry, that sounded like what your mother or teacher would say...).

Lija said...

P-Ro.
Being on your own seems really tough, but i commend you for being so strong and upbeat.

this was a real thought provoking blog.